- who and what types of activities needed funding
- monitor relevance and impact on a variety of demographic groups in Canada
- create greater access to grants and services for a broad range of artists
- address gaps and barriers to funding faced by different groups through the development of equity policies and strategic activities
and the Canada Council for the Arts held at the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto on June 3rd 2011.
"The event will also offer an opportunity for networking and relationship-building amongst artists, arts organizations and funding agencies."
- The Art Gallery of Ontario is wheelchair accessible (ramp entrance is on Dundas Street West at the front building entrance).
- ASL interpretation and English captioning will be provided.
- French simultaneous translation (audio) will be provided.
- Attendant care will be provided.
- A quiet, private space will be available at the event.
there was one significant oversight. What about us blind and vision impaired folks? I have participated in hundreds, if not thousands of accessible events, and consistently blind and low vision persons are rarely accommodated. There is no print access, no audio description, no knowledgeable trained guides, etc. Frustrating to say the least. I will address this in greater detail shortly. I remain positive that upon recognizing these issues future accommodation processes will be implemented.
Now, here is some info on how I can help provide access solutions to help you pave that road a little more smoothly. You can also check out my previous blog post. Increase Your Audience By Being Accessible – Access to Digital Content http://accessfitz.blogspot.com/2011/06/increase-your-audience-by-being.html
Make digital content,
performance & events accessible.
Contact Access (SCS) Consulting Services
What makes Access (SCS) Consulting Services Different?
We engage experienced arts practitioners with disabilities who understand the industry as well as accessibility compliance standards.
- Evaluation of your site using current accessibility standards
- Explanation of what the problems are, including a ranking of priorities and specific instruction on what needs to be done
- Overall best practices, recommendations
- A usability section provided by access technology users
- Convert documents into an accessible format compatible with adaptive technologies
- adapt document styles and formats in Word, PowerPoint & more.
- Create accessible PDFs
- Modify existing PDFs with accessible tags
- Convert existing PDFs into other formats such as accessible HTML, Word and PowerPoint
- Accessibility training or awareness
- Accessible web design to reach a wider audience
- Document Accessibility
- Performance and Event accessibility:
- Audio Description
- Touch Tours